Monday, March 23, 2009

Dead sober on a Monday

I am dead sober write now but experiencing an itch to write.  I recently dropped into the next lower smoking bracket, and if anybody needs any convincing to do likewise, let me just say:  my half-eighth, bought two Saturdays ago, is only half-finished.  I opted for some variety that was slightly more expensive than the already steep price of bud, but every puff reassures me that I made the right decision.  I use the word puff here because that is what my smoking sessions have lately consisted in:  just a single puff, from a glass one-hitter.  Sometimes I will pack another but, realizing that I am definitely wasted, wait at least 45 minutes for the present high to wear off before smoking it, thus keeping my tolerance down.

My smoking have lately assumed kind of an economic fiendishness--I like to see how much mileage I can get out of the tiniest pinch.  If there is any shake, I will always grab that before taking a pinch from a still-contiguous bud.  I have even worked out just the right level of airflow and lip closure on the pipe to ensure that I light the shake without torching it, and that I pull air through the shake without pulling the shake through the pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment