Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day Four in the World of the Living

What is a little bit funny about smoking marijuana is how you can lay off the grass abrubtly, cleanly, and voluntarily, as I did a few days ago.  I'm not experiencing a dry spell.  I'm not out of money, or weed.  I didn't put my weed into safe-keeping, or destroy my pipe, or do anything to coerce myself into quitting temporarily.  I. just. stopped.  I was falling behind in my work duties.  And what's really funny is going about sober, talking to everyone who was beginning to suspect that you were a borderline weirdo, watching their reaction to seeing you suddenly very calm, cognizant, and focused.

I've been on the other side of this before, like when I would meet the Dwarf during the day, and eating an ice cream cone with his hair neatly combed he would happily greet you at a playground near Oktogon and produce a small grocery bag containing those five Christmas trees you ordered.  Surprising that it's the same guy you saw a couple nights earlier, pupils dilated and unable to remember that you speak English, not Magyar.  In fact, I wonder if it's it too late to dedicate this blog to the Dwarf?

No comments:

Post a Comment